Being a new mom I am still learning to juggle my time between the baby, catching up on lost sleep, home chores, socializing and most importantly blogging. I absolutely love a quick recipe that will save me time and this one fits the bill.
Preparation time – 30 min
500 g boneless chicken pieces
4 cloves of garlic chopped
1 large onion sliced
1 Chicken soup cube
1 cup rice, white or brown ( I always use basmati rice)
2 stems of fresh rosemary
2 stems of fresh thyme
1 Salt and pepper
2 tbsp Butter
- Heat a pan ( I use my le cruset for this dish) add in the butter and sauté the garlic & onions until soft.
- Throw in the chicken and fry a bit.
- Add rosemary & thyme leaves an stir.
- Put the rice in and sauté for a minute.
- Add chicken stock (double the quantity of rice)
- Add Salt & pepper & squeeze half a lemon.
- Lastly layer the lemon slices on the top and leave to cook on medium heat for about 15 min or until the rice is cooked completely.
Voila – your one pot Lemon Herb Chicken Rice is ready to be served.
*Note – you can add mushrooms or zucchini to this dish or of course any other veggies of your choice.