In celebration of the Indian Festival – Diwali better know as “the festival of lights” that falls this year on the 30th of October, The Westin Doha has introduced a Special Indian Afternoon Tea being served all of this month. If any of you are craving Indian Chaat head to Luxe Lounge @TheWestin before the 5th of November.
This desi afternoon tea is the answer to any expat indian’s cry for CHAAT. Chaat is a snack that is eaten at tea time. The variety of snack offered at luxe lounge is just perfect. Its got all the quentisential stuff.
- Onion bajiyas which are – Deep fried sliced onions in spiced gram flour batter.
- Pav Bhaji – Potato & veg mash with pav ( kind of bun bread)
- Paneer rolls – Cottage cheese wrapped in a light flatbread
- Chicken Tikka rolls – Marinated pieces of succulent chicken wrapped in a light flatbread
- Samosa’s with spicy chilli & corriander chutney (Loved these)
- Sev Puri – Crispy fried bread served with onion and potato topping with small crunchy fried noodles made of chickpea flour.
- Falooda – A cold milkshake kind dessert made with vermicille, Rose syrup, psyllium and milk.
- Nankaties – Indian cookies
Served with a choice of tea or coffee that includes Masala Chai 😛 yummy ( Spiced tea)
Price : 140 QAR for 2 people. Served from 2 to 5 pm ( a prior 24 hr reservation is recommended however I walked in and though it took about 20 min to be prepped up it was served out)
*You can also use your 241 entertainer voucher.
Happy Diwali! –